I Bless Myself, I Bless the World, I Bless You

http://www.uscj.org/images/tree.gif
It is the Song of Angels that bring us home, into the Greatness that gets along. Do we need love, to rise above? Yes, bring us love that brings us all along, the laws that gets us from the rising tides, our hearts that swell and know our pride. Be that, is heard like Angels Call, we are the Rainbow Hall, where humbleness gifts life along, the path of Brotherhood. We bless the shoulders of grief befall, and send a blessings to that Great Hall, where we know tears, bring us new life, the light, that sheds all our strife. Be your color of bountifulness, the waking of the soul, that should, and we can offer wisdom here, to be the soul, that lives forever deer (journey of life). You the beloved knows good deeds,when we belong to all the leaves (relatives on the tree of life).

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Rainbow Promise

I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
Genesis 9:13 -New International Version-
 
the Jews have a saying,"till ye see the bow in its luminous colours, do not look for the feet of the Messiah, or his coming (w).''
 
8 And Elohim spoke unto Noach, and to his banim with him, saying, 9 And I, hineni, I establish My brit (covenant) with you, and with your zera after you; 10 And with kol nefesh that is with you, of the bird, of the behemah, and of every animal of ha'aretz with you; from kol yotzei hatevah (all that go out of the ark), to every creature of ha'aretz. 11 And I will establish My brit (covenant) with you, neither shall kol basar yikaret (be cut off, violently killed) any more by the waters of the mabbul; neither shall there be any more mabbul l'shachat (to destroy) ha'aretz.

12 And Elohim said, This is the ot (sign) of the brit (covenant) which I make between Me and you and every nefesh chayyah (living creature) that is with you, for dorot olam (perpetual generations); 13 I do set My keshet (bow) in the anan (cloud), and it shall be for an ot brit (covenant) between Me and ha'aretz. 14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring an anan over ha'aretz, that the keshet be'anan (rainbow) shall be seen; 15 And I will remember My brit (covenant), which is between Me and you and kol nefesh chayyah of kol basar; and the waters shall no more become a mabbul (flood) l'shachat (to destroy) kol basar. 16 And the keshet shall be in the anan; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the brit (covenant) olam between Elohim and kol nefesh chayyah of kol basar that is upon ha'aretz. 17 And Elohim said unto Noach, This is the ot habrit, which I have established between Me and kol basar that is upon ha'aretz. 
Genesis 9:8-17 -Orthodox Jewish Bible- http://biblehub.com/ojb/genesis/9.htm

New International Version -Revelation 10-
Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven. He was robed in a cloud, with a rainbow above his head; his face was like the sun, and his legs were like fiery pillars.

Read more http://biblehub.com/revelation/10.htm


Orthodox Jewish Bible - Revelation 10 -
1 And I saw another strong malach descending and coming down out of Shomayim, having been wrapped in an anan (cloud), and the keshet be'anan (rainbow, BERESHIS 9:16) was over his rosh (head) and the face of him was as the shemesh (sun) and the feet of him as pillars of eish (fire), [YECHEZKEL 1:28] 2 And he had in his hand a sefer katan (small book) which had been opened and he placed his ragel hayemanit (right foot) on the yam (sea), and the smolit (left) on ha'aretz (the earth), 3 And he cried with a kol gadol (loud voice) as an aryeh (lion) roars. And when he shouted, the shivat hare'amim (seven thunders) reverberated. [HOSHEA 11:10] 4 And when the shivat hare'amim (seven thunders) spoke, I was about to write, and I heard a kol (voice) from Shomayim, saying, Put a chotam (seal) on [the sod, the secret of] what the shivat hare'amim (seven thunders) have spoken, and seal it up, and do not write, [DANIEL 8:26; 12:4,9] 5 And the malach, whom I saw having taken his stand on the yam (sea) and on ha'aretz (the earth), lifted his yad yamin (right hand) to Shomayim [DEVARIM 32:40; DANIEL 12:7] 6 And made shevu'ah (oath) by the One who lives l'Olmei Olamim (forever and ever) whose "barah" (created) the Shomayim and the things in it and ha'aretz and the things in it and the yam and the things in it--that there would be no od zman (more time). [BERESHIS 14:22; SHEMOT 6:8; BAMIDBAR 14:30; TEHILLIM 115:15; 146:6] 7 But in the days of the sounding of the shofar by the malach hashev'i'i (the seventh angel), when he is about to blow the shofar, also then the raz (mystery) of Hashem would be brought to an end, as he proclaimed to his avadim (servants), the Nevi'im (prophets). [AMOS 3:7]

8 And the kol (voice) which I heard from Shomayim was again speaking with me and saying, Go, take the sefer which is opened in the hand of the malach who has taken his stand on the yam (sea) and on the ha'aretz (the earth). 9 And I went to the malach, telling him to give me the sefer katan (small book) and he says to me, Take and eat it, and it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as devash (honey). [YIRMEYAH 15:16; YECHEZKEL 2:8-3:3] 10 And I took the sefer katan out of the hand of the malach and ate it, and it was in my mouth as sweet as devash (honey), but, when I ate, my stomach was made bitter. 11 And they say to me, You must speak dvarim hanevu'ah (words of prophecy) again, about haumim (peoples) and Goyim (Nations) and leshonot (tongues) and many melachim (kings). [Ezek 37:4,9; Dan 3:4]
Orthodox Jewish Bible - Revelation 10 - http://biblehub.com/ojb/revelation/10.htm

 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 
Parallel Verses
New International Version
I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
New Living Translation
I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth.
English Standard Version
I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
New American Standard Bible
I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth.
King James Bible
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
I have placed My bow in the clouds, and it will be a sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.
International Standard Version
I've set my rainbow in the sky to symbolize the covenant between me and the earth.
NET Bible
I will place my rainbow in the clouds, and it will become a guarantee of the covenant between me and the earth.
GOD'S WORD® Translation
I will put my rainbow in the clouds to be a sign of my promise to the earth.
JPS Tanakh 1917
I have set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between Me and the earth.
New American Standard 1977
I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth.
Jubilee Bible 2000
I set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between me and the earth.
King James 2000 Bible
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
American King James Version
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
American Standard Version
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
Douay-Rheims Bible
I will set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be the sign of a covenant between me, and between the earth.
Darby Bible Translation
I set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be for a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
English Revised Version
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
Webster's Bible Translation
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
World English Bible
I set my rainbow in the cloud, and it will be for a sign of a covenant between me and the earth.
Young's Literal Translation
My bow I have given in the cloud, and it hath been for a token of a covenant between Me and the earth;

Parallel Commentaries
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
9:8-17 As the old world was ruined, to be a monument of justice, so this world remains to this day a monument of mercy. But sin, that drowned the old world, will burn this. Articles of agreement among men are sealed, that what is promised may be the more solemn, and the doing of what is covenanted the more sure to mutual satisfaction. The seal of this covenant was the rainbow, which, it is likely, was seen in the clouds before, but was never a seal of the covenant till now it was made so. The rainbow appears when we have most reason to fear the rain prevailing; God then shows this seal of the promise, that it shall not prevail. The thicker the cloud, the brighter the bow in the cloud. Thus, as threatening afflictions abound, encouraging consolations much more abound. The rainbow is the reflection of the beams of the sun shining upon or through the drops of rain: all the glory of the seals of the covenant are derived from Christ, the Sun of righteousness. And he will shed a glory on the tears of his saints. A bow speaks terror, but this has neither string nor arrow; and a bow alone will do little hurt. It is a bow, but it is directed upward, not toward the earth; for the seals of the covenant were intended to comfort, not to terrify. As God looks upon the bow, that he may remember the covenant, so should we, that we may be mindful of the covenant with faith and thankfulness. Without revelation this gracious assurance could not be known; and without faith it can be of no use to us; and thus it is as to the still greater dangers to which all are exposed, and as to the new covenant with its blessings.
Pulpit Commentary
Verse 13. - I do set. Literally, I have given, or placed, an indication that the atmospheric phenomenon referred to had already frequently appeared (Syriac, Arabic, Aben Ezra, Chrysostom, Calvin, Willet, Murphy, Wordsworth, Kalisch, Lange). The contrary opinion has been maintained that it now for the first time appeared (Bush, Keil, Delitzsch), or at least that the historian thought so (Knobel); but unless there had been no rain, or the laws of light and the atmospheric conditions of the earth had been different from what they are at present, it must have been a frequent spectacle in the primeval heavens. My bow. i.e. the rainbow, τόξον (LXX.), (cf. Ezekiel 1:28). The ordinary rainbow consists of a series of successive zones or bands of polarized light, forming little concentric circles in the sky, and having a common center almost always below the horizon, and diametrically opposite to the sun. It is produced by the refraction and reflection of the sun's light through the spherical raindrops on which the rays fall, and, accordingly, must always appear, with a greater or a lesser degree of visibility, when the two material agencies come in contact The part of the sky on which the rainbow is thrown is much more bright within than without the bow. The outer space is dark, almost black; and the inner space, on the contrary, melts into the violet almost insensibly (Nichol's 'Cyclopedia of the Sciences,' art. Rainbow). It is here styled God's bow, as being his workmanship (cf. Ecclus. 43:12), and his seal appended to his covenant (Genesis 9:17). In the cloud, עָנָן that which veils the heavens, from a root signifying to cover (Gesenius). And it shall be for a token, לְאות = εἰς σημεῖον, (LXX.). In Greek mythology the rainbow is designated by a name (Iris) which is at least connected with εἴρω, to speak, and εἰρήνη, peace; is represented as the daughter of Thaumas (wonder), and Electra (brightness) the daughter of Oceanus; is assigned the office of messenger to the king and queen of Olympus; and is depicted as set in heaven for a sign (Homer, 'I1,' 11:27; 17:547, 548; 24:144, 159; Virgil, AEn.,' 4:694; 5:606; Ovid, 'Met.,' 1:270; 11:585). The Persians seem to have associated the rainbow with similar ideas. An old picture, mentioned by Stolberg, represents a winged boy on a rainbow with an old man kneeling in a posture, of worship. The Hindoos describe the rainbow as a warlike weapon in the hands of Indras their god, "with which he hurls flashing darts upon the impious giants;" but also as a symbol of peace exhibited to man "when the combat of the heavens is silenced." By the Chinese it is regarded as the harbinger of troubles and misfortunes on earth, and by the old Scandinavians as a bridge uniting earth and heaven ('Kalisch on Genesis,' pp. 223, 224). Traditional reflections of the Biblical narrative, they do not "account for the application in the Pentateuch of the rainbow to a very remarkable purpose," or "explain why the New Testament represents the rainbow as an attribute of the Divine throne," or "why angels are sent as messengers on earth" (Kalisch); but are themselves accounted for and explained by it. The institution of the rainbow as a sign clearly negatives the idea (Aquinas, Cajetan) that it was originally and naturally a sign; which, if it was, "it was a lying sign," since the Flood came notwithstanding its prognostications (Willet). Of a covenant. "The bow in the hands of man was an instrument of battle (Genesis 48:22; Psalm 7:12; Proverbs 6:2; Zechariah 9:10); but the bow bent by the hand of God has become a symbol of peace" (Wordsworth). Between me and the earth.
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
I do set my bow in the cloud,.... Or "I have given", or "have set it" (p); which seems as if it was at that instant set; this is the same we call the "rainbow": and so Horace (q) calls it "arcus pluvius": it is called a "bow", because of its form, being a semicircle, and a "rainbow", because it is seen in a day of rain, and is a sign of it, or of its being quickly over, Ezekiel 1:28 and this appears in a moist dewy cloud, neither very thick nor very thin, and is occasioned by the rays of the sun opposite to it, refracted on it: and this God calls "his bow", not only because made by him, for, notwithstanding the natural causes of it, the cloud and sun, the disposition of these to produce it, such a phenomenon is of God; but also because he appointed it to be a sign and token of his covenant with his creatures; so the Heathen poets (r) call the rainbow the messenger of Juno. It is a question whether there was a rainbow before the flood, and it is not easily answered; both Jews and Christians are divided about it; Saadiah thought there was one; but Aben Ezra disapproves of his opinion, and thinks it was first now made. The greater part of Christian interpreters are of the mind of Saadiah, that it was from the beginning, the natural causes of it, the sun and cloud, being before the flood; and that it was now after it only appointed to be a sign and token of the covenant; but though the natural causes of it did exist before, it does not follow, nor is it to be proved, that there was such a disposition of them to produce such an effect; and it might be so ordered in Providence, that there should not be any, that this might be entirely a new thing, and so a wonderful one, as the word for "token" (s) signifies; and the Greeks calls the rainbow the "daughter of Thaumas" or "Wonder" (t); and be the more fit to be a sign and token of the covenant, that God would no more destroy the earth with water; for otherwise, if this had been what Noah and his sons had been used to see, it can hardly be thought sufficient to take off their fears of a future inundation, which was the end and use it was to serve, as follows:
it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth; that is, between God and the creatures of the earth; or of a promise that God would no more destroy the earth, and cut off the creatures in it by a flood; for though it is a bow, yet without arrows, and is not turned downwards towards the earth, but upwards towards heaven, and so is a token of mercy and kindness, and not of wrath and anger.
(p) "dedi", Montanus; so Ainsworth; "posui", Pisator, Drusius, Buxtorf. (q) De Arte Poetica, ver. 18. (r) Nuntia Junonis varios induta colores Concipit Iris aquas--------- Ovid. Metamorph. l. 1. Fab. 7. (s) "signum, tam nudum, quam prodigiosum", Buxtorf. (t) Plato in Theaeeteto, Plutarch. de Placit, Philosoph. 3, 4. Apollodor. Bibliothec. l. 1. p. 5.
Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
13. I do set my bow in the cloud—set, that is, constitute or appoint. This common and familiar phenomenon being made the pledge of peace, its appearance when showers began to fall would be welcomed with the liveliest feelings of joy.
Genesis 9:13 Additional Commentaries

The Covenant of the Rainbow
12 ... God said, "This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations; 13I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. 14"It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud,…
 
Cross References
Genesis 9:12
And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come:
Genesis 9:14
Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds,
Ezekiel 1:28
Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.
 

Parallel Commentaries
Pulpit Commentary
Verse 14. - And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth. Literally, in my clouding a cloud, i.e. gathering clouds, which naturally signify store of rain (1 Kings 18:44, 45). Clouds are often used to denote afflictions and dangers (cf. Ezekiel 30:3, 18; Ezekiel 32:7; Ezekiel 34:12; Joel 2:2). That the bow shall be seen in the cloud. Literally, and the bow is seen, which it always is when the sun's rays fall upon it, if the spectator's back is towards the light, and his face towards the cloud. Thus at the moment when danger seems to threaten most, the many-colored arch arrests the gaze.
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth,.... Or "cloud a cloud" (u), cause the clouds to gather thick in the heavens, and to hang over the earth ready to pour down great quantities of water; by reason of which the inhabitants might dread another flood coming upon them: wherefore, in order to dissipate such fears, it shall be so ordered:
that the bow shall be seen in the cloud; after it has pretty much discharged itself; for the rainbow is always in a thin, not a thick cloud; after the heavy showers are fallen from the thick clouds, and a small thin one remains, then the rainbow is seen in it; not always, but very frequently, and when the sun and clouds are in a proper position: and this is often so ordered, to put men in mind of this covenant, and to divest them of, or prevent their fears of the world being drowned by a flood; for when they see this, it is a sure sign the rain is going off, since the cloud is thinned, or otherwise the rainbow could not appear: and a most glorious and beautiful sight it is, having such a variety of colours in it, and in such a position and form. Some think that it serves both to put in mind of the destruction of the old world by water, through its watery colours, and of the present world by fire, through its fiery ones. Others make the three predominant colours to denote the three dispensations before the law, under the law, and under the Gospel: rather they may signify the various providences of God, which all work together for the good of his people; however, whenever this bow is seen, it puts in mind of the covenant of preservation made with all the creatures, and the firmness, stability, and duration of it; and is by some considered as an emblem of the covenant of grace, from Isaiah 54:9 which is of God's making, as this bow is; is a reverberation of Christ the sun of righteousness, the sum and substance of the covenant; consists of various blessings and promises of grace; is expressive of mercy and peace, and is a security from everlasting destruction: or rather it may be thought to be an emblem of Christ himself, who was seen by John clothed with a cloud, and a rainbow on his head, Revelation 10:1 this being a wonderful thing, as Christ is wonderful in his person, office, and grace; and as it has in it a variety of beautiful colours, it may represent Christ, who is full of grace and truth, and fairer than the children of men; and may be considered as a symbol of peace and reconciliation by him, whom God looks unto, and remembers the covenant of his grace he has made with him and his chosen ones in him; and who is the rainbow round about the throne of God, and the way of access unto it; Revelation 4:3 the Jews have a saying,"till ye see the bow in its luminous colours, do not look for the feet of the Messiah, or his coming (w).''
(u) "cum obnubilavero nubem", Pagninus, Montanus, Vatablus, Schmidt. (w) Tikkune Zohar, correct. 18. fol. 32. 2. correct. 37. fol. 81. 1.
Genesis 9:14 Additional Commentaries
Thank you http://biblehub.com/genesis/9-14.htm

The Transfiguration
1Six days later Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up on a high mountain by themselves. 2And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. 3And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.…
Cross References
Exodus 34:29
When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD.
Song of Solomon 6:10
Who is this that appears like the dawn, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, majestic as the stars in procession?
Matthew 17:1
After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves.
Matthew 17:3
Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.
Revelation 1:16
In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.
Revelation 10:1
Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven. He was robed in a cloud, with a rainbow above his head; his face was like the sun, and his legs were like fiery pillars.
 
The Transfiguration
1Six days later Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up on a high mountain by themselves. 2And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. 3And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.…
 
Cross References
Exodus 34:29
When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD.
Song of Solomon 6:10
Who is this that appears like the dawn, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, majestic as the stars in procession?
Matthew 17:1
After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves.
Matthew 17:3
Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.
Revelation 1:16
In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.
Revelation 10:1
Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven. He was robed in a cloud, with a rainbow above his head; his face was like the sun, and his legs were like fiery pillars.
 
Treasury of Scripture
And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

transfigured.
his face.
raiment.

Gifted by Alightfromwithin.org Angel Services Around the World
Sioux Task Force and Rainbow Warriors of Prophecy
Jews for the Ark of the Covenant the Rainbow Promise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, please feel free to your opinions to help us understand the family of Oneness! Questions, please direct to Elder whitebuffalocalfwoman@gmail.com

Sing Prayer Before the Meeting to Unite Hearts, to Resolve Conflicts!

2011-2012 / 5772 - 5773

Rosh Hashanah - Jewish New Year
1 Tishrei 5772
September 28-30, 2011

Yom Kippur - Day of Atonement
10 Tishrei 5772
October 7-8, 2011

Sukkot - Feast of Tabernacles
15 Tishrei 5772
October 12-19, 2011

Simchat Torah - Rejoice with Torah
23 Tishrei 5772
October 20-October 21, 2011

Chanukah - Festival of Lights
25 Kislev 5772
December 20-28, 2011

Tu B'Shevat - New Year of Trees
15 Shevat 5772
February 8, 2012

Purim - Feast of Ester
14 Adar 5772
March 7-8, 2012

Pesach – The Passover
15 Nisan 5772
April 6-14, 2012

Shavuot - The Giving of the Torah
6 Sivan 5772
May 26-28, 2012

Tisha B'Av - Fast for Destruction and Renewal
9 Av 5772
July 28-29, 2012
House of the Beloved enjoys the spiritual tools gifted by Rabbi Efim Svirsky, however we do not support those who sell G_ah_d, G_d or God. Suggested donation would solve their position; supporting the heavenly blue road. Join the Great Give-A-Way!

Children Sing For Hashem to Welcome Uncle